Wednesday, July 15, 2009

14 Months Old!!!

Time goes by so fast. We just can't believe that Faith is already 14 months old! She's changed so much just in the last couple of months. She is now walking...every where. And she's into everything. I have never seen such a perceptive little girl. She misses no speck of dirt nor dust bunny that she might be able to put into her mouth.

She looks so much more like a toddler now, especially when her hair is pulled back into pigtails. She's definitely taller and has slimmed out some. She's almost completely weaned from the bottle. In fact, she's only had one in the last four days (which is impressive, because we only started weaning her off the bottle four days ago). She is so incredibly verbal. She says mama, dada, daddy, nana, and dau (dog). But, she has such a wide variety of sounds, tones, and inflections. I swear that she can say, "There it is!" when we are reading her favorite series of pop-up books. It sounds just like how I say it, but without the words. And my mom swears she can say C.G. which is my mom's grandma nickname (it stands for Cool Grandma).

Faith loves books and boxes right now. They are her two favorite things. She has a basket of books that sit on a shelf in the dinning room. She will go and get a book, bring it to Derek or me, and sit in our laps while we read it to her. She will sit while we read book after book. She pulls up the flaps on the pop-up books, and points to the pictures. She also likes to help turn the pages.

She can crawl into the tub by herself now. Boy does this girl love the water! She hears me running a bath and comes running, trying to climb in fully clothed. She can also climb out of the tub, which I found out last week. I had my back turned for just a minute, getting something out of the linen closet (which is literally 10 steps from the tub), and I turned around and she was sliding across the bathroom floor on her belly like a penguin on ice.

Faith can take her diaper off herself too, which is why she always goes down for a nap or to bed with shorts or pants on. You remember the pee diaper incident a month or so ago? Well, last week we had a poo-diaper incident. It was the most disgusting thing ever! She was down for a nap, and I heard her waking up and playing. So, I go in to get her, and what do I find? Faith, covered in poop. She had taken her diaper off and thrown it onto the floor. Her sheet and crib were coated in yuck. It was all over her legs, arms, hands, and face! And do you know, that little stinker, greeted me with a smile...so I've learned my lesson ;-)

I took some pictures of Faith this morning, playing after breakfast. She is such a ham! Enjoy :-D

(Getting into the cupboards is one of her favorite past times.)

(Helping out around the house...That's my brand new vacuum btw. Derek surprised me with it. I had been eyeing it for quite some time.)


(Sitting at the patio door with her box, watching the doggies laying on the deck.)


(Books and boxes are a girls best friend!)


(I love this picture. It really captures the blur that has become Faith. She's always in motion.)



(Looking for mischief.)



(What a happy girl!!!)

No comments: