Friday, November 20, 2009

Praying


We are praying very, very hard about a possible adoption situation. One of the coworker knows someone who is possibly thinking about maybe placing their baby for adoption situations. She is only 16 weeks along, and a lot can happen before her April due date, so it is by no means a sure thing. We haven't even spoken to her. But, we are praying. We are praying for this young woman and for her unborn child. There are drugs involved, so prayer is especially needed. The Lord has already intervened once and saved this baby, so I feel so strongly that He will protect this child from the drugs. Some Bible verses have come to me while I have been praying that I wanted to share:


"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'" (Jer. 29:11)



"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together inside my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." (Ps. 139:13-16)


God is so amazing, and I KNOW He has a wonderful and marvelous plan for this tiny little baby. I just don't know if that plan includes being a member of our family or not.


Please pray for this baby and for Baby B. to find us in God's perfect timing.

No comments: