Monday, December 28, 2009

New Baby's Life Verse?

I have been thinking about our new little baby that we are praying to join our family. I have been praying for her and my thoughts are never far from her. I got to thinking about what would be a good life verse for her. We picked a life verse for Faith, and will pick one for each of our children. We see a child's life verse as a special little prayer just for that child which focuses on something specific we desire for that child. Faith's is about living a life of grace - both giving it and receiving it.

Yesterday, I was thinking that a verse on wisdom would be really appropriate for this little girl (more on why later). I googled Bible verses on wisdom, but nothing really caught my eye. I went about my day, and later that evening, I sat down to read from my Bible. I opened it randomly, not sure what book I wanted to read from. I scanned the page I had opened to, and much to my delight realized that I had opened to Proverbs 4, "Wisdom Is Important."

Verses 8-9 really stood out to me as being so appropriate for a little girl. The Lord is so good. He answered my unspoken prayer for guidance on the right verse for our new little girl. He answers prayers both great and small. Oh, how I pray and long for this child. Faith is going to make an excellent big sister!

Proverbs 4:8-9
"Treasure wisdom, and it will make you great; hold on to it, and it will bring you honor. It will be like flowers in your hair and like a beautiful crown on your head."

No comments: