Saturday, August 16, 2008

Happy Five Years!!!


Last Sunday, August 10th, was our five year wedding anniversary. I just cannot believe it has already been five years since I walked down the aisle and said "I do." Marriage is wonderful, and our courtship really helped to set a strong foundation.

All those hours spent talking on the phone, while we were so far apart, helped us to become amazing communicators. Really. Derek and I talk about every thing. If something is bugging the other person, it gets discussed. We also have a rule that you do not leave the house angry or go to bed angry. This can be anoying sometimes, but it forces us to deal with issues on the spot.

I was reflecting back over our life together, and realized just how much has happened. In five years we have:

  • Moved to a new city

  • Bought our first home

  • Adopted three dogs

  • Gotten involved in dog rescue and fostering

  • Become part of the leadership team at church

  • And, of course, welcomed home our beautiful daughter

Whew...It has been an amazing five years, and I look forward to many more with my beloved.


Happy Anniversary Sweetheart!!!


No comments: