Tuesday, August 26, 2008

My Official End of Summer...

Today is my official last day of summer. (**sigh**) I start Student Teaching tomorrow, and while I am glad to finally be at this point, I am sad to see summer come to an end. But, we have had one amazing summer! I started whining about my summer coming to an end right after the 4th of July. See, around here, summer goes down hill from there real fast. It's the end of August and we already have frost advisories up Nort' (as the natives say), and the trees have started to turn by us.

But, as I was complaining to my mom she said, "Yes, how awful that you have had such a wonderful, interesting summer that it went by so fast for you." Aside from my initial irritation (I was looking for some sympathy), I realized that she was right. So, I have been reflecting on our summer, and it has been full of adventure! This summer I/we have:

  • Brought home our daughter
  • Walked across the Fox River
  • Gone hiking
  • Visited several state parks
  • Climbed up 300 ft. to see an amazing scenic view
  • Had several family Sunday drive
  • Got up close to the giant windmill farm located nearby
  • Drove to the Dells and saw the now empty Lake Delton
  • Dinned in Milwaukee
  • Traveled to Illinois Traveled to Virginia
  • Gone to the county fair
  • Took a day trip into D.C.
  • Spent quality time together as a family
  • Celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary
  • Watched the Perseid Meteor Shower
  • Saw the new Batman Movie - The Dark Knight
  • Attended a couple of picnics
  • Hung out with some awesome friends who we don't get to see very often
  • And more that I can't remember right now....

    So, goodbye Summer. It's been a blast! Until we meet again next year...

Our Summer in pictures:

(We brought Faith home the first day of our summer vacation.)

(Faith enjoyed hanging out with the dogs this summer.)

(We hiked up 300 steps...)

(...for this amazing view.)


(Derek with the dogs on one of our many family drives.)


("Lake" Delton)

(Visiting D.C. brought back all of our memories from our courtship.)

(We love to hike!)

No comments: