Thursday, January 7, 2010

1 Corinthians 13:4

I was just thinking about our April baby, and lamenting the waiting and uncertainty of the whole situation. Should we get a homestudy done so that we are ready, just in case? Should we just throw up our hands and move on from this situation. Not knowing is the hardest part in adoption for me. But, I was reading some Bible verses on waiting and I saw the following translation of 1 Cor. 13:4 ~

"Love is never tired of waiting."

And it touched my heart. If I love this baby as I say I do, for better or worse, then isn't she worth waiting for? If we're ready to accept her, as she is, drug-exposure and all, and face the challenges that can come with that, then aren't we strong enough to face the waiting and uncertainty?

I was speaking with friends today, who have two adopted sons. I was telling them about how the Lord saved this little baby from the abortionists sword already, and how we felt like He was protecting her from the effects of the drugs. The husband said that the mom could stand in the middle of a burning building, and the Lord could have it fall down all around her to keep the baby safe. So, if I can have faith that God is protecting this baby, trust that He has a plan and purpose for this baby, then can't I trust in Him to place this baby in the family that He wants to raise this baby. If it is our family it will happen, regardless of the homestudy being ready, or the money being in place, etc. etc. So, I guess I know I need to place this fully back into God's hands, but it's so hard to let go.

No comments: