Monday, April 27, 2009

Derek's 30!










So we celebrated Derek's birthday three times!!! What a lucky guy. When we got home from my mom's, we celebrated with Derek's mom by going out to Uno's. Faith is such a ham, and I got a lot of pictures of her hanging out with us at the restaurant and enjoing a breadstick (She's getting SO big!)

Then, the day Derek went back to work after vacation, Faith and I went up to Derek's job to celebrate his birthday. Faith helped me to pick out some balloons, a cake, and her very own card to give to him. Everyone in Derek's office was happy to see Faith and the chocolate cake! We went out to lunch at our favorite Mexican restaurant, El Azteca. This is the place that Derek took me to on our first date when I moved to Wisconsin and we still enjoy hanging out there. Faith likes it too.

This was Derek's first birthday as a daddy. At his birthday last year, we didn't even know we would be parents in a month! How amazing is that?!? Everytime we think about how Faith joined our family, we both get all teared up. She is jsut so amazing and we LOVE being parents.

Now, time for me to brag...just a little. Derek is the most fantastic father in the world. He really is. Any child would be blessed to call him daddy. He is involved with Faith. He plays with her, reads to her, feeds her, and yes - even changes poopy diapers. But, more than anything, Derek is truly invested in every aspect of Faith's life. He ENGAGES her in a relationship. I love watching the two of them together!

No comments: