Monday, April 27, 2009

Easter






Faith had a lovely first Easter. She woke up in her bunny pj's (a gift from my mom). Isn't she just such a happy baby when she gets up in the mornings? I just had to shoot a couple of pictures of her. And you can really see those bottom teeth! I think she has almost eight teeth now!

We got to attend my mom's church for their Easter service. Faith wore her strawberry dress to church that her nana (Derek's mom) got her, and if I do say so, was the most beautiful baby there. We had an awesome family dinner at my mom's. an extra special treat for me and my brother was the chicken and dressing my mom made. This is a dish that my grandma on my dad's side always makes at holidays. I don't know the last time I had some. It seems my grandma and I never cross paths anymore now that we live in different states.

We all said a prayer at dinenr. Derek and I talked about our big announcement (well big for us), and the blessing that is to us. Faith missed dinner since she was already in bed, but there was much talk of her. And, we celebrated Derek's birthday. I made him a cake, and we sang happy birthday.

It was a beautiful day, and not just because of the weather!

(Did I mention that I am so in love with this guy?!?)


No comments: