Monday, April 27, 2009

Photo Shoot and Reflections

It's been so long since I posted (who knew motherhood keeps you busy?), that I have so much to talk about. So forgive me for jumping around. Going back to our trip to VA, Faith looked so beautiful in her Easter dress, that I just had to take her outside for a photo shoot. She enjoyed playing in the grass and especially getting to eat the grass! All we can say is, "what a doll!!!!"

We feel overwhelmingly blessed to have such an amazing, beautiful, smart, and funny little girl. Derek said that he can really see J, Faith's birthmom, in Faith in these pictures. I sent these pictures to J, and she said that she is starting to see herself in Faith too. I don't see the resemblance so much. Not that I mind Faith looking like J, far from it. I guess it's just that I look at Faith and just see my little girl.

People say that I look like my mom (an amazing compliment btw, because my mom is honestly so beautiful), but I don't typically see that either. Once in a while, I'll catch it in a photo, so it must just be me. I hear my mom in me more than anything. Derek says all the time that we sound so much alike and our mannerisms are so close.

I wonder if J and I will share a mutual legacy in Faith. She'll carry J's genes and looks, but have my mannerisms and sound like me when she talks. I think that's a really nice thing...to share in who Faith is and becomes in that way. I don't often think of Faith as having two mom's (a biological and adoptive), but in reality she does. When we were beginning the adoption process, I thought I'd feel threatened by that, but the reality is, that I am overjoyed that Faith has a biological mom who cares so deeply for her. As we always say in our home, you can NEVER have too many people love you. Now, don't get me wrong, I AM Faith's mom, her real mom. But, I'm happy to share part of what it means to be a mom with J.

Alright, so this turned more deep than I was originally intending. My point is that we have the most beautiful baby ever. And, I can't believe she's almost a year old. With her first birthday just around the corner, she really is becoming a little girl and isn't such a little baby anymore. Toddlerhood here we come...











No comments: